20g risotto mix, 2 shallots or small onion, 1 garlic glove, 500ml Veg/chicken stock, 150g Arborio rice, white wine or vermouth, 40g parmesan, 20g butter (+ extra for cooking), salt, pepper, (optional 50-100g fresh mushrooms, lemon juice, umami powder or porcini dust)
1. Add 250ml warm water to risotto mix and soak for minimum 20mins.
2. Melt knob of butter & 1tblsp olive oil in pan, cook onions and garlic slowly for 10 mins until softened.
3. Add rice, mix together, 1 min.
4. Turn up heat and add ¼ glass of white wine, 1 min, meanwhile remove mushrooms from stock and add to veg or chicken stock, put on a low heat.
5. Ladle stock into rice, stirring rice and wait for stock to evaporate before adding next ladle of stock, this should take about 20mins, adjust heat accordingly.
6. When rice is nearly done, put a knob of butter and oil in a pan, sauté mushrooms with garlic, season with salt and pepper (2-5mins depending on heat of pan and taste) add a sprinkle of umami powder.
7. Stir in parmesan and butter to rice and cover with lid or foil, wait 1-2 mins.
8. Serve rice with sautéed mushrooms on top, squeeze lemon juice over rice and mushrooms, and sprinkle some parmesan. Enjoy!!!