What you’ll need: 20g Soup Mix, 250g fresh mushrooms, 1 medium onion or a small leek, 1 small/med potato, 1-2 garlic clove, 30g butter, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 500ml Veg/Chicken stock, fresh or dried herbs (thyme, rosemary, sage).
1. Add 250ml warm water to Soup Mix and soak for minimum 20mins.
2. Melt butter & olive oil in pot, cook onion/leek, garlic, potatoes & herbs slowly for 8 mins.
3. Meanwhile remove soaked mushrooms from stock, and add fresh & dried mushrooms to the pot, cook for further 5 mins, and season with pepper & salt.
4. Add the mushroom stock and the Veg/Chicken stock to pot and stir (if adding dried mushrooms directly add them at step
5. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 5-10 mins
6. Blend the soup to desired consistency, season with salt and pepper to taste.
(Optional :stir in 1 tsp porcini dust or umami powder, to add further woodsy/umami flavour). Serve with cream, crème fraiche, and a sprinkling of parsley. Enjoy